In this day and age, it seems that everyone is looking for ways to be as eco-friendly as possible. Succeeding means considering the environment in every major decision made – including your kitchen remodel. Check out these six ideas for an eco-friendly kitchen renovation.
- Reface Your Cabinets One of the easiest things you can do is to reface your cabinets instead of replacing them. This reduces waste as you will not be getting rid of the structure of the cabinets. It is a great choice if you like the position of your cabinets but want to upgrade the look of them.
- Use Recycled Glass If you’re going to buy glass for your remodel, consider recycled glass. Not only is it more affordable than new glass, but it can look even better. Glass is a great option to recycle because it is just as strong and viable when recycled as it is when it is new.
- Use Low-VOC or VOC-Free Paint If you are going to be painting, looking for eco-friendly paint. There are actually a few options that can be considered eco-friendly but we suggest that, at a minimum, you insist on paint that does not use VOCs or has very low levels of VOC.
- Install Solar One of the best times to add solar to your home is during a remodel. You will likely already have contractors on your property and many of the things they would have to do may already be in the process of being done. Make sure to check out rebate options that could save you big in the long run.
- Choose a Low-Flow Toilet If you are going to install a new toilet, make it a low-flow option. There are many choices out there, including toilets that have two flush buttons. One is for liquid waste and uses much less water than the other, which is for solid waste.
- Insist on Energy-Efficient Appliances In the event that you are upgrading your appliances, it is worth it to invest in energy efficient options. Yes, it may cost more today but you will save significantly in the long run. Consider that the investment you make today not only means lower energy bills for many years to come, but it can increase the sales price of your home if you move in the future.
Cabinet Magic is Ready to Be Part of Your Home Renovation
With many years of experience, we can help you find the best way forward. Whether your question is about refacing cabinets, installing appliances, or anything in between, we are here to help. You can stop by our convenient location or give Cabinet Magic a call at 800-828-4380.