If you feel that your kitchen is so tiny that there’s nothing you can do to make it workable, we have good news for you. At Cabinet Magic we have been providing next-level kitchen remodeling for many years. In that time we have found some truly unique ways to help improve the storage situation no matter how small the kitchen is. Keep reading to learn more and then call us at 800-828-4380 to get started.
- Hang Up a Pegboard If you have blank walls, make sure you find a way to take advantage of them. You may be surprised by just how much your walls can store. For example, a pegboard could become the home for your pots, bans, and even canisters that hold your utensils. When you hang new shelves, you will be limited in what you can store but pegboards are great, flexible storage options.
- Make Use of the Top of Your Cabinets Do not let the space on top of your cabinets go to waste. You can put platters there that you will use for special occasions, you can put pantry supplies there – you can put just about anything up there. The key is to choose options that you do not need regularly since it will be hard to reach.
- Take Advantage of Cabinet Accessories There are many cabinet accessories that can help you make the most of your room. For example, get a lazy Susan to maximize the usable space in a corner cabinet. Get a drawer put into a deep cabinet so you can reach everything. Ask us for ideas on cabinet accessories that can help.
- Install Shelves Under Your Island Countertop If you add an island to make up for lack of countertop space, make sure you are using it to make up for a lack of storage space too. Even if it’s not much room, you can use it to store magazines, small dishes, or cookbooks.
- Use Your Window If you have a window in your kitchen, do not let the windowsill go to waste. It could be a great place to put herbs or it could be a great place to store small dishes. Just don’t store anything there that could be affected by sunlight.
- Get a Magnetic Knife Rack A woodblock takes up a lot of counter space. When you have limited drawer space, the last thing you want is to have a sharp knife backed inside it. In these situations, a magnetic knife strip works great. You can install anywhere you have a few extra inches and can then hang your knives on it.
If you have questions or are ready to get started, we invite you to contact Cabinet Magic at 800-828-4380 right away.